Articles in the "Mailbox Delegate Management" series
- Super duper delegate retrieval script
- PowerShell module for managing Exchange mailbox delegates
- Small update to delegate management module
- Delegate management module updated to v1.3.5
- Delegate management module updated to support Exchange Online
- Delegate management module updated to v1.4.5
- Delegate management module updated to 1.4.6
- Delegate management module updated to v1.5.0
- Delegate management module updated [This article]
The module has been updated to version 1.5.1. This version adds automatic support for localization of the Sent Items and Deleted Items folders. If the display name of those folders in the owner’s mailbox is not in English, the localized display name of the folder will be used when getting, setting, or removing delegates.
I have also added permission validation to the owner’s mailbox for the person executing a cmdlet. When using impersonation, if you don’t have permission to a mailbox Exchange responds with an error indicating as much. But if using full access, Exchange doesn’t respond with such an error, just failing on whatever request is being made. Usually when permission is the issue, the error contains “The specified object was not found in the store,” so the module checks for that error, informs you that it appears you don’t have permission, and then gracefully aborts the cmdlet.
Download the updated module and overwrite your existing copy. If you were already using v1.5.0, keep your existing settings file so your specific settings remain.
DelegateManagement.zip (9.2 KiB)